Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Clank Heard Round the World

Yesterday Spen2 made me so proud at his baseball game, not only by being an incredible athlete, but by approaching the Throne of Grace for a friend.   Spen2 has a little friend at the fancy private school, let's just call him Hadeem (I just made that up, is that even a real name?).   Hadeem is about 4ft 8in tall and weighs about, i dont know, 70lbs.   He's a little bitty little fella. 
 
As far as I can tell Hadeem is bright, brilliant even, but he can't catch or hit.---  By the way, he can't shoot basketball either, but I digress. 
 
Last week, after his glorious save, he got to thinking about what a miserable game Hadeem had: Struck out 4X, dropped 3-4 balls that came to him.  He just looked like the Captain of the Bad News Bears!  Spencer started thinking that it wasn't fair that he had done so well when Hadeem was miserable.  He told me that he wished Hadeem had more confidence.  He said that "Hadeem  is a much better Athlete than he thinks he is". 
 
Fast forward to yesterday.  The team was down by 8 in the bottom of the 6th.  The bats come alive, the other teams pitching is awful...next thing you know, the move ahead run is at third.  Spen2 is at 2nd.  Again, I SEE him praying -I think he is thanking God for HIS hit and RBI- Hadeem is at bat. Coach Eddies just talking him thru it "follow thru with your hips, don't swing if it's eye level, keep your elbows up, keep your knees bent". The pitcher releases. Hadeem swings that bat with everything he's got and CLANK!  That was a solid line drive to the outfield!  
 
Hadeem drove in the winning run! 
 
When Spen2 came in he was soooo excited.  Not just because the team won, but because all that time his mouth was moving on 2nd base, he was praying for Hadeem!!!!  
 
Thank you Father!  If I never do anything else in my life, I know this, I have encouraged a child to pray and created, therefore a MIGHTY MAN of GOD. 
 
Ha! So my family does a daily prayer text message.  No one is exempt.   Spen2 had prayer this morning and this is what he sent....un-retouched.
 
2 Corinthians 10:17-18 ()
17 Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord. 18 For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.
Ok so i think I know what this means. Do not be "cocky" unless you do it in th lord. Everything you do is not you but The Lord showing favor and blessing in you. Lord thank you for all you do. Thank you for strength health and extra like brilliance and athletisim. I can't do what I do without you and there's no way I can make it without you. We want to pray for the entire healing of uncle John and to keep the family healthy and brilliant. In Jesus name amen from spen2

No comments:

Post a Comment