Saturday, July 27, 2013

Nap Time

I just picked up the boy and we had a conversation ...thought you would enjoy this one.  Me: I sure could stand a nap right now
Spen2:  I could always stand a nap
Me: NOT true... you NEVER took naps as a baby/toddler/little person.... as a matter of fact you Dropped out of a pre-school after ONE day because of their napping policy.
Spen2:  Oh yeah, I remember that.

So here's what happened y'all.  I did all of this research and finally found a pre-school that I thought worthy of my boy and his talents.   We (his daddy and I) decided that he needed PRE SCHOOL and not daycare.   I take him for a "trial day"-- a few hours...the boy says he likes it.  


I take him for his first day of "school"... Drop him off.   He's having a blast!  Loves the place....until... NAP TIME... they tell him its nap time...screech..... Drop the Mic

He says "I don't take naps" 

They tell he has to...he tells them

"No, I will just go home then... Call my momma"...

They refused to call me.... From that moment on, he was DONE with the place.  My mother picks him up at 3:45 (SHE decided that 3:30 was long enough --even though I paid for the WHOLE DAY)... She asks if he had fun.  In front of the Director of the Pre-School and all of his little friends he made before naptime, he says "I not go back" 

He was 3yrs old.  Told his grandmother he wasn't going back, because he didn't like it.  His grandmother... my feisty mother... calls me-- on my job --and tells me that I need to find another option because he "doesn't like it"...seriously?  Since when is he the boss??!...

So, I get home.  He tells me he's not going back.  I tell him he IS in fact going back.   We go around... I think he gets it.  He then proceeds to tell me that they don't do "Sh@T" at the school.  I said... did you just say "sh@t"?  He looks at me WAY too innocently and says... yes.  I said "where did you learn that word?..."they taught me at SCHOOL".... This kid is BRILLIANT...but, I didn't fall for it.  I tell him I don't care if they taught him that word or not...he was, in fact, going back, because I had paid my money.   If he said the word again he was going back with a sore behind. 

Think he gave up there?  Oh no.  This was not long after we had FINALLY weaned him off of the pacifier (which he called a Ba-Ba).... A few minutes later he proceeds to tell me that he didn't like the place because they made him take a nap and suck a Ba-Ba.... RIGHT!!! He made all of that up...  This is when I started realizing that he might be a genius and I needed to be on full alert at all times.  "Spencer, are you saying they made you use a pacifier?"  "yes, I told them I didn't want to, but they said I was a Baby and needed one"...

Yep, that happened.   So you want to know how it turned out??... well, HE won....HOW?  I want you to know to this day I haven't figured out how he did it, but somehow, that night he spiked a fever of 103... he was fevered...with NO other symptoms (except lethargy) for THREE DAYS... that's Tues/Wed/Thur...then you have to be fever free for 24 hrs in order to go back to school.... that took care of the week.  

On Thursday MY grandmother calls me and tells me that I need not take that baby back to that school if he hated it so much that it made him sick.....

Yeah, that happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment